Debit / ATM Cards
Lost or Stolen ATM / Debit Cards
To report lost or stolen FSB ATM/Debit Cards:
call Visa Debit Card Hotline 24 hours a day at 1-800-528-2273.
The Farmers State Bank Visa Debit Card
Now you can make purchases with one card that combines the ease of a credit card with the direct link to money you already have in your checking account – just like a check, without the paperwork. Your Visa Debit Card is not a credit card. All purchase amounts are deducted directly from your Farmers State Bank Checking Account and will appear on your monthly checking statement. Use this card at any ATM location when you need cash.
The Farmers State Bank ATM Card
For use with Checking Accounts and Passbook Savings Accounts. Use it for cash withdrawals, funds transfers and balance inquiries at FSB ATMs and networked ATMs around the world.
ATM Locations - click here
Card Alert Notifications
Protecting Your Debit or ATM Card - Protecting your Visa Debit or ATM card from fraud requires 24/7/365 days a year monitoring. Our fraud detection programs monitor your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we'll contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided.
What We Monitor - Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How We Contact You - Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping any potential card fraud. 86% of Americans have a mobile device and this offers a convenient and free method to contact you fast. With our Card Alert Notification service, you will receive a text message asking you to confirm if a suspicious transaction was authorized by you. If you do not have a mobile phone, you will be notified by a fraud specialist - or by IVR (interactive voice response). Caller ID will display the following phone number for an IVR message 877-230-3179.
Receiving a Text Message
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction and merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with "Yes" if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A "No" reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential information.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these important messages by text, you may reply with STOP to indicate this preference.
Help Us Protect You
- Keep us up to date with your current mobile and home phone numbers and contact information.
- Traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time? Contact us prior to your departure and we'll make our monitoring more flexible during your travel time.